Sunday, April 6, 2014

One More Blog

Wes:  Hello, its 3 am in the USA and 2pm in India.  So nothing makes sense, I'm on my own time now.  Please continue to pray for us, I have a fever and Hope is puking.   Hope is adjusting well, Priya and Hope are doing dance shows for grandma all day ( I think I heard the keyboard music going for 4 hours).  Thanks grandma for watching the shows while I snooze.

Don't get me wrong God has shown His hand and favor in this whole process.  I m not sure how many people reading this has gone through adoption or foster care.  We've been through it before, and Priya has adjusted very well.  It's still a transition for me.  Having a stranger come into my life in a week, and now live with me for the rest of my life.  This is only a God love.  I still feel strange when Hope needs hugs, kisses, and snuggles.  I know she needs it, so I'm not rejecting it.  I m 30 something, adopted once already, and took ETC(adoption training) classes, but I feel weirded out by it.  I think because Hope is moving faster than I expected.  She hasn't had hugs, kisses, and snuggles for many years.  She hasn't had parents, and she has been fatherless for years.  She has been defending herself on the streets for years.  Now she needs me to be a father and her defender.  Thank you God for choosing me to hold this role.  For all the men who are considering adoption, its ok, God will supply all your needs.  No one says its easy, and God will provide strength.  God has adopted me into His family and takes me as I am, He defends me.  So I will defend Hope and Priya.  "You can take our lives, but you can't take our FREEDOM!"  This is a Braveheart quote.  I know it doesn't make sense here, but It was getting too serious, so I had to back off a bit.

Kasey might not want me to post these pics, but I think it's important to show you some transitions in the lives of our daughters.  If you are adopting, you might get a pic and be frightened.  It's ok, they all need love and a father.  We will all grow and be stronger together through the Lord.  These pics made us cry, and I was always paranoid about having jacked up kids, but the Lord has prevailed and they are wonderful.  Some may think the pictures are bad, but let me remind you that we all look dirty and are sinners in God's eyes.  We are washed by the blood of Jesus and cleansed.


Here is one of Priya's first pics that they emailed.  They shaved her head completely.  She was abandoned in 2008 at the Orphanage door-step Pune, India.



Priya now 2014:



Hope in 2010.  She was found abandoned and found by police  in New Delhi, India:


Hope now 2014 in Houston, TX. 


This is not to discourage anyone, but to encourage you that you have the power to change lives.  We have time, money, and resources.   So self-evaluation, what do we do with our money?  Do we buy more stuff, things, stuff that moths and rust will eat?  Do we waste time and chase after the wind? These kids have nothing.  They just want a loving home.

This is plenty of serious sappy stuff for me.  Sorry, I only can do this dose at a time.  
---------------------------------------
Some of you heard of the term FOB from the previous posts, but I took the liberty to take photos.  This is not to make fun of anyone, its just for fun.  I know its messed up, but I'm a part of it also.   (Oh, if you dress or look like this, its ok, but please send me a pic of you)













-----------------------------------------------------------
Its 4am, Kasey just walked out of the bedroom, and now I hear the girls giggling upstairs.  I guess the whole Mathew family is up.  Going to church in 4 hours.  Peace out!

Thank you for reading and sharing.  Blogger shows that 36,000 people around the world are reading these posts.  I m not sure how google came up with that number, it shows it read in about 8 different countries.  I hope through the Lord that we have inspired, blessed, and broken your hearts for the fatherless.  

Here are some useful resources that we have experience with (There are many more than these):

Adoption agencies:  
1. International Family Services
2  America World Adoption

Financial assistance:
1.  Lifesong for Orphans
2.  Show Hope
3.  www.runforhopehouston.org (fundraising)

Education:
1.  Empowered to Connect (ETC)

Houston adoption Community:
1.  Houston's First Baptist Church, Legacy 685













2 comments:

  1. Your families story has touched my heart in so many ways. I have just made some big hard changes in my life and God had used your story to show me that his grace is prefect and His love for us is so vast, so deep, so amazingly beautiful! I'm so in awe! I have never even met y'all, and you all have made an impression on my heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank y'all for sharing your journey. It's left me in awe of God's love and power. We will be praying for a smooth transition for you all. Blessings!
    -Patricia, Johnny, and Isabella

    ReplyDelete