Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Serious Wes

Wes:  All the girls are asleep now.  Please pray for Kasey: she needs strength, she has a sore throat, and has some stomach issues.  Priya got stung by mosquitos, and Hope is sick with a fever from all the shots.  I m ok, still stomach issues, but I m managing.  I think I am used to the India time now, so sleep is getting a little better.

I know you're not used to me being serious, but I do have a few things to say.

1.  God has shown His favor towards Hope and our situation in India.  I know some people haven't experienced or think its cliche, but we have had a true miracle.  I booked a one-way ticket, our hotel is booked until the end of April, and we knew the passport would take at least 4 weeks.  IT CAME IN ONE DAY!  That is beyond man, only a true act of our Lord.  He is helping in every step to get us back home.  On a side note:  It would have probably came sooner, but the courier was shady.  It was called "Speedy Postal".  They gave me a tracking number that never worked.  I called a hotline that never worked.   I think this is them below, it says carrier on his bike.  "Speedy Postal" is not very speedy.  Oh well, at least we got it.  


2.  I want to say that Kasey is awesome, and her heart is so big for everyone.  I think she would adopt the entire country if we had the money.  She can love anyone, even when they offend her.  She reminds of her mom, Birdie.   They both cry over everything, good and bad.  But both have a huge heart.  I love Kasey a lot, and enjoyed our time alone before kids, but I am really missing her a lot.  I know her attention is needed with the kids, but its been a challenge for me.  I know this is an adjustment period, but I thought I would share this.  I m sure people with kids go through the same stuff.  I m not trying to be immature about it, but I still love her the same way from the day we met.  God has blessed me tremendously with an awesome wife.  Kasey has been awesome to take care of the family, teach our kids, stay strong in the Word, and always have an awesome attitude.  I love her a lot.   Thats hard for me to say because we didn't grow up saying I love you.   As my dad would say, "We don't say I love you!"  with his thick indian accent.  And he would say, " You don't say sorry!".  He's great, but definitely a true Indian.  

-----------

About a few months ago, Priya asked Kasey, "When did you adopt papa?".  Well, that is a great question.  She sees that I am the same color as her, so she thought we had the same story.  Kasey cleared it up.  I m sure Hope will soon ask also.  Kasey is like Mother Teresa adopting 2 little girls, and a large Indian man.   





3.  I think in my culture crying is a sign of weakness for the man.  I have never really cried much before Priya and Hope.  Now that Priya and Hope are in my life, I think I have cried more than ever, for their hearts, souls, and their past.  I cry if they are sad, or if Kasey gives them a consequence.  I also give consequences, but I think I'm getting weak with the girls.  They can almost get by with anything.    What's happening to my Indian powers?!

Ok, enough serious.  

I thought I was hip, but Hope drew a pic of me.  This is her take on my hairstyle.  I think she has put me in my place.  After comparing real pics, Hope was pretty accurate.  I guess I m a true father and FOB (Fresh Off the Boat).  Its ok, I accept this challenge.  









I never know how to close a blog, but here are some pics for you to enjoy.  Peace.  


I don't really need to comment on this. 


This is what they call Pharmacists.  


Don't smoke in India. 


At the end of our trip, we might "Get Body Relax".  Also if you notice the, "Spaing together".  Kasey says thats how I write and talk.  I m not sure what the lingo she tells me, but something that I m verbing my nouns, or "ing" everything, or whatever.  I guess this is a problem that I don't even know my problems.  She will correct me tomorrow.  



10 comments:

  1. My vote is to let Wes keep up with the blog! P.S. - I still try to keep from crying every time I read it. I don't know how some one can't read it and not feel overcome by the power of God! Love you all and will continue to pray for the four of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Wes! It's so sweet to see your love for Kasey and the girls! I love how Hope adores you! Thanks also for the pics. I was laughing so hard at the one about frisking ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAH!! I had to read "spaing together" several times before I got it…LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wes, get them home and grandma to the rescue....you and kasey can go on a date....love Grandma and grandpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds to me like she needs her mom right now. I know God is working out His plan, but I want them home:)

      Delete
  5. Need. More. Wes.

    Love your heart, sweet father. Love the Lord breaking your heart like His. And for the record your hair rocks...though you probably spend more time on it than I do on most days. And that's a knock on me, NOT you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wes, it is so endearing to see this side of you. I love your heart. Kasey is truly an amazing person, but don't sell yourself short. You are pretty awesome too... You guys were made for one another. And parenthood does make you cry! And yes, when you are a parent of small children, your marriage takes a back seat sometimes (or all the time)! Sounds like the women in your life have you wrapped around their little fingers! Well done Papa! BRAVO! You've come a long way since our college days... We'll, not that long, YOUR Hair Is Exactly the same!!!!
    -Prashansa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wes you and Kasey and your whole family have so much love for everyone you meet ! Your words are so sweet and I wish you many blessings thru the years with all your girls ! God still gives miracles in a fallen world. He loves everything about us. In every situation He is the one to make a way when there is no way. Love yall and can't wait for everyone to be back in Texas !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved reading these. Amazing to hear how God is working! Can't wait to meet Hope...
    We are praying continually for you guys....
    Scott Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for all of you. Kasey is one of the most intentional, thoughtful, Godly women I know. Glad she adopted you & those beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete