Saturday, March 29, 2014

Exodus 14:14

When Moses was leading the Israelites out of Egypt, they were very afraid.  The Egyptian army was in hot pursuit of the Israelites with a massive number of soldiers, weapons, and more as the Israelites were approaching the Red Sea.  Moses told the people, "Do not be afraid...the Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."  And we all know the rest of that story.

Yesterday, the Lord FOUGHT FOR US.  Big time.  I can barely hold my emotions together as I write this!  It is SO UNBELIEVABLE what has happened in the last 24 hours.

Thursday evening after meeting Hope, the sister at the orphanage told us she didn't think the police were going to show up to do the police clearance for another 10 days or so.  Mind you, the police station is about 5 minutes away from the orphanage.  Then, after that, we could apply for the passport.  To make things worse, we heard that passport processing has been very delayed, taking 4-8 weeks to process.  Do the math.  That's like 8-10 weeks total that we'd have to STAY IN INDIA waiting on this stuff to get done.  When we heard that news, Wes and I prayed like never before.  We had no connection, no hook-up, not a single person to call to help us move things along.  I barely slept Thursday night as God woke me many times to pray.  I literally prayed the same thing about 200 times.  God, only you can do this.  We have no power here.  God, you have to do this for us.  We cannot be in India for 10 weeks to make this happen!  God you hold the world together!  God, please MOVE and FIGHT for us!

So, we waited all day Friday to hear something.  Nothing.  Around 3:30 I just felt like the police had shown up.  I asked Wes to call the orphanage to check.  Sure enough, THEY HAD!  Praise the Lord!  We got clearance to come Saturday morning to take Hope with us.  BUT THAT'S NOT EVEN THE BEST NEWS!

We arrived Saturday morning at 8:30 at the orphanage.  Since they weren't expecting us until 9:00 a.m., Hope wasn't ready for us.  The nun came in to talk with us while we waited.  She was speechless.  She said that when the police came to do the clearance the day before, he was really moved by seeing the kids at the orphanage.  The sister explained to him that, in Hope's particular case, her parents were already here in India waiting to take her.  She told him that we were going to have to wait here 8-10 weeks for passport.  He told her, "m'am, I will see to it myself that this passport gets expedited."

THEN, she said she got an email confirmation THAT SAME NIGHT that the passport has been processed, approved, and is ON THE WAY TO US!!!  We should be getting the passport by Monday!  Are you even hearing me right now?  This passport got processed in 1 day!  1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  By a man who we have never met, spoken to, or had any contact with!!!!!!!  I'm sorry for the completely improper use of multiple exclamation marks, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!  Can anyone not say that this is the Lord fighting for us?  It is because of all of your prayers that this is happening!  I am truly so shocked.  Wes and I both burst into tears when she told us!  I really can't even comprehend how God made this happen.  He is showing off big time!  To God be the glory!!  So, if we get the passport Monday, it will take a couple of days to do our Embassy appointment for the visa, vaccinations, etc.  But I think we're definitely coming home a lot sooner than we thought!!

So now that I've completely overwhelmed you with exclamation points, I will tell you about our first day with Hope!

The time at the orphanage today was sweet; Hope said goodbye to her sweet friends.  Sister let us take a picture of her 4 best friends so she'll be able to remember their faces.  I certainly won't forget them!  Hope is in the middle in the polkadots; the boy to her right is her best friend.  I heart him.  My heart breaks that we are taking his best friend away.  I pray that if/when he gets a family, we might be able to reconnect them.  Sister promised me she'd let me know if he gets adopted and then help put me in touch with the family.


Then Hope said goodbye to all the nuns after another cake and tea celebration.  Man, these people like their cake! :)  And they don't take "no thank you" as an answer.  "You're too skinny; you need to eat!"  Gotta love Indians.  They tell it like it is.  Feelings?  What are those?
But on a serious note, it was obvious the sisters loved Hope very much;  they all bought her a goodbye gift of some kind.  They even had little gifts for Priya.  It was very moving and so thoughtful of them.  They really do love these kiddos so much.  May God bless them and reward them for their work!
 A quick family photo before leaving...
So, when we finally got in the car with Hope, she was SO excited.  The first thing she said was, "U.S.A.?"  We laughed so hard.  "No, Hope, not yet.  We're staying in India for a few days."

Priya snapped these 2 photos on the ride back to the hotel.  She loves Kaki, by the way!

So, the scene at the hotel was pretty adorable.  She walked in the lobby, looked around, and said, "woah, very nice.  U.S.A.?"  "No, sweet girl.  We're not in the U.S.A. yet."  Then we went up to our room.  First comment, "oh, very nice.  U.S.A.?"  'No, honey.  We're still in India.  We're going to the U.S.A. later."  "Tomorrow?"  "No, baby, not tomorrow."  This girl is READY to come to the U.S.A.!

Hope was fascinated with the bathtub in the hotel.  Priya got so excited and asked if they could take a bath together.  Before I could even say yes, Priya was butt-naked in the tub.  Hope was staring at her like she was nuts.  Hope was NOT getting in there.  I finally convinced her to put her hands in.  Guess what she said?  "Oh, very nice.  U.S.A.?"  LOL!  A few minutes later, Hope rolled up her pants and put her feet in.

What happened next I was NOT prepared for.  Homegirl got in the bathtub WITH HER CLOTHES ON!  Her pants are beige so you can't see them, but they're on her body!  Fully clothed.  Wow.  Not expecting that.  Priya laughed for a solid 5 minutes.

Then, I couldn't get the girl out!  She kept saying "very nice, very nice" about 100 times.  Priya was cracking up.  I bribed her out with food.  After lunch, Priya read her a story before rest time.  Hope loved that!



Immediately after dinner, Hope asked to go "swimming" again.  She thinks the bathtub is a pool.  No wonder she thought Priya was crazy for getting in naked.

So, here are the girls "swimming" in the bathtub. Gotta love these smiles!
We had a sweet time with the girls today!  Priya is so happy to have a sister!  Hope is very joyful and is so intrigued by everything around her.  She has a LOT of energy, so I need to find a playground around here really soon.  They can't just swim in the bathtub all day!  She loves Wes very much and is constantly looking for him.  She didn't want him in the bathroom during bath time, but she kept calling his name to hear if he was still around.  Sweet girl.  Priya's prayers have really been answered because I don't see an ounce of fear in Hope when she's with us.  To God be the glory!

28 comments:

  1. Such awesome answered prayers. But if it's ok, I'll keep praying for you guys until you are "Back In The USA"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that I am by myself while reading this because I'm doing that weird crying laughing thing. This is beyond amazing. Thank you Lord for your goodness. I am so happy to see HIm working in India and touching the hearts of strangers. God's not dead, He's surely alive. I love that He uses people of all kinds to carry out His purposes. This increases my faith so much. I love this story of Hope and Priya in the bathtub. Hilarious!! I cannot wait until she comes to the USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about this weird laugh cry thing....I'm doing the same but there are folks all around me wandering what my deal is. Such an amazing of Hope! I look every day for updates to this blog. Thank you for sharing.
      Angela Hofmann!

      Delete
  3. Praise be to God for all that he has done to get Hope home with you! The lyrics that come to mind when reading today was from the song "Waiting Here For You" by Christy Nockels: "If faith can move the moutains, then let the mountains move." God has moved mountains to get Hipe into your arms and soon home to "U.S.A." Will continue to pray for your journey. Love you guys and can't wait to meet Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story is so beautiful. You are absolutely right God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear how God has made a way. The step of faith it takes was rewarded as the Lord heard our prayers to bring Hope to your sweet family! Such a wonderful story. God knew that policeman would be used in His plans! Blessings to you, Wes and Priya! Love yall !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING!!!! What a wonderful story Hope will have to give God glory!!!! She is too precious and the girls are adorable together! You guys made me cry (again!)! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is good - all the time! And anyone who questions whether He still works miracles today just needs to read what He is doing for one family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing story. Hope has one heck of a big sister there! May God continue to bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful! Our God is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all just so wonderful and amazing. So thankful that we serve such a capable and amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome!! Praying the Lord continues to stir and work in that police officer's heart, thankful for the love Hope has had poured into her life through those precious nuns, and praying for her sweet friend too! How amazing would it be for a family in the area to adopt that handsome boy?

    Can't wait to hear how the next few days go for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing God! Amazing defender of the fatherless! He sets the lonely in families!!!! "Come Boldly" week 14 on this past Wed...opened and read key verse...Exodus 14:14 and have been praying that verse for ya'll for the past 4 days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an AMAZING testimony of God's goodness and grace!! You will be repeating this story many many times to sweet Hope to remind her of His sovereignty and love for all of you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a joy to read! The journey is just beginning but what an amazing start and what memories to have, knowing that God is controlling every detail and that He will continue to do in, through and for you what only He can. Praying on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am overwhelmed by God's love and faithfulness. I'm so happy for your precious family!
    -Patricia, Johnny, and Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just laughing because ONLY YOU GOD!! He makes ways in the desert and streams in the wasteland! Prayers availeth and build my faith!! Amen my dear friends. The favor of God is mighty on you and His Glory is all around you! The gorgeousness in every picture is stunning! God we BLESS YOU! We say, YOU ARE WORTHY OF PRAISE!!! Now bring that beautiful little Hope to the U.S.A!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What the what?????!!!!!! I love this story & your inappropriate use of punctuation. God is so stinkin' amazing & I kinda want to kiss that policeman for his obedience even if he didn't know it;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. praise God! Really enjoying this blog and seeing God working in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love reading about your journey and how God is flinging open doors left and right!!
    Kristin W.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing! I am so glad your sweet daughter is with you! The pictures are great! She looks so happy and comfortable, like she was meant to be in your family! Will continue to think of you all as your begin your journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kasey, Wes, & Priya;

    So, I've tried posting several times, but it wasn't going through. Gonna try posting anonymously and see if this works. :-).

    Where do I start? First off, I signed up for a google account just to post here on your lovely blog. :-). Which, in my opinion, you should keep to continue your story. Plus, like Wes said, email is so beyond times. Lol. My heart is overfilled with joy and happiness for your family as you add the new addition, Hope Sarah, to your beautiful family. I am enjoying watching your story unfold, here on your blog and your mothers Facebook page (Thanks Sis Birdie)! My hopes are that your story of selflessness, compassion and love touches the lives of others across the world and encourages them to open their heart and homes to children in need, not only in India, but all over the world. Kasey-although I've not seen you or your family in years, I'm so thankful that my family & yours crossed paths many years ago. You all are so inspirational and have such a deep and compassionate love for others. Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us-with much love, Vivian Spangler Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love you guys!! This is so wonderful! I am speechless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. 'The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.' Praise the Lord! What an amazing answer to prayer! BTW - I'm in tears laughing about the whole bathtub fiasco. What great memories you all are making. Hope sounds like a sweet and funny girl. So happy that you finally have your precious girl. It seems like she fits into your family so well. Will continue to pray for you all. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love love! And the Indian Barbie dolls..lol!

    I love her best buddy was a boy and she has a lot of energy. Guess you are getting some boy elements coming your way with a possible tomboy! Jean loving tomboy.

    Love God showing off for His glory and His purposes. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So precious to hear about Hope! What a blessing that she is doing so well. How fun for Priya!! I just love, love, love that Gracie has Jamie. I know you will appreciate more and more that Priya and Hope have each other too! I love seeing how God displays His compassion for the fatherless in such mighty ways! Praying for God's strength as you survive India!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just think of your stomach troubles as birthing pains. I got seriously sick in China when we got Catherine. I've always told her that I may not have gone through labor with her, but I definitely LABORED for her:)

    I'm praying like crazy for ya'll. Love that the Lord is showing off. The ink is drying on my airport sign...hurry home.

    Love you all,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete