Sunday, March 30, 2014

Evacuate Bathroom Please!

Wes:  I thought being Indian would make my stomach strong and can last through any Indian curry.  Second day in, (without being gross), I think I unloaded 10lbs in the water closet.  My sister and I clogged up two rooms, and moved to different rooms.  Josh our camera guy is eating all the Indian food and curries, and he is perfectly fine.  I think he is Indian and I am white, not sure whats really happening.  We are getting weak from not sleeping and stomach issues.  Please pray for us and that Hope's passport arrives soon.

Hope is sweet and kind.  She keeps calling "papa" all the time.  When I go to the bathroom, or out of the room, you can hear her saying, "papa, papa".  She wants to make sure that I'm around.  I know she needs to make sure that I'm not leaving her.  She will soon learn that this family is for life.

India has some funny signs.

This is the Ladies restroom sign.  I feel a little better about my writing skills.


I m not sure what this sign is for.  



I guess safety is not an issue.  This is not OSHA/DOT approved.  Why is the dad wearing a helmet and not the kids?




Here are the amenities in our car.  We get water, coat hangers,  and also a hammer.  Nice!


Here are the shoes Hope brought with her.  Very fitting.  








Here are some faces and photo shots of India.  So many types of religions, castes, and colors.  So many kids on the streets, starving.  We feel so burdened because both of our daughters were on the streets.  I wonder how long Priya and Hope were begging for?  





































6 comments:

  1. Hah! I love your writing and sense of humor, Wes! Will be praying for falls strength.

    Also. So heartbroken for the kids begging on the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photographs...but I didn't see any pictures of Hope. So interested in hearing how she has adjusted to family life. Has she called grandma and grandpa yet? Does she talk about the friend she left behind at the orphanage? (I can't get that sweet boy's face out of my head).
    Take care of your stomachs...I would stay away from meat & dairy. And brush your teeth with bottled water. I am serious. Keep updating the blog!!!
    -Prashansa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Prashansa! Most of the photos here are from Friday, which was the day we were waiting for police clearance and didn't have Hope yet. :( We were able to see the Red Fort, India gate, and go the market that day. We promise we'll post more later of Hope! Guess what the girls have been doing for 2 hours today? Swimming in the bathtub. :)

      Delete
  3. Aww sweet pictures....I wish you could bring those precious kids ALL home with you....Grandpa and I would help support them!!!! Love and miss you guys...Hope that you and Sherry feel better and praying for the passport...Love Mom and Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing to see what God can do for His faithful! What a truly awesome God we serve!! We are so happy for you and are praying for strength, wellness, and a speedy return to the U.S. Thank you for sharing your journey with us- it has been such a blessing! We have been laughing and crying with you guys for the last week, so keep 'em coming! (Brian especially loves Wes' posts.) :)

    ReplyDelete