Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wes' Take

Wes:  I will start by saying, please forgive my writing skills.  Kasey is asleep and my schedule is still off.  Its midnight here in India and and 2pm in America.  So since Kasey is asleep, she has no idea what I'm writing.  She might delete this in the morning, ha.   We did have many sweet moments today, but please continue to pray for us.  Kasey was panicking in the car ride more than I was.  Four years ago when we picked up Priya, it was me having a panic attack.  I ll try to lighten the tears a bit, but I couldn't help to take a pic of the sugar here in India.  I meant to drop it in front of Kasey, and say you dropped your name tag.  (If you don't get it, sorry).  I like white sugar, say what?



Being the science fair guy myself, and to get a little techy.  Below is a pic of my spy pen, the right is the spy pen, and the red one is a regular pen.  Just so you can see the size difference.  Its a Guardline, when you unscrew it, there is a USB stick that goes right in your computer.  It has a 8GB card, and the battery lasts about 90 minutes.  It costs about $99 on amazon.  It records in HD 720p.   It also takes still photos.

We will see if the footage was any good today.  We will post our mini documentary in a few months or so.  Josh Spires is going to edit a 30 minute doc, and a 3 minute trailer/summary.  Sherry, my sister, wrote lyrics, and Kasey's brother, Sam, put melody lines and music to the lyrics.  Sam also wrote some basic music scores to the doc.   We are excited about this, and we are just doing this to spread the awareness on adoption and our journey.  I have never done this before, so we will see where God takes it.  If we become Bollywood stars, then we will not come back to America.




Here is my sneaky spy look, with my spy pen in pocket.  I feel like double "o" FOB.   00FOB, instead of  double "o" 7, "007" James Bond. .  .  FOB means, Fresh Off the Boat.  I m definitely rocking some FOB looks with tennis shoes and jeans, and long sleeve shirts.  Maybe I ll grow a thick mustache, like our driver today.



Here is our driver Rakesh, pic below.  He doesn't speak english, and neither do I.  Driving is a mess, trying to tell him where to go.  Both of us don't understand each other.  Maybe his mustache is blocking his ears. Just kidding, he was a great guy.  We did get lost on the way to the orphanage.


Below is Josh, this might be the only pic we see of him.  He is doing the mini doc for us.  Great guy, great cinematographer, and great editor.  I pray God can use this to break people's hearts for adoption and the orphan crisis.  


This is a pic of his boom mic on his camera.  Priya said it looked like my hair.  The jokes never stop, not even from my own daughter in India.


  I don't know how to close.  Maybe with a wonderful view of me taking a nap on our queen size bed.  Please don't lust.  Funny that everyone says we look alike.  Although, I think she does.  Just because I m brown with black hair, I look like every Indian, Dominican, Mexican.  I feel like I m universal looking.  The only race I don't look like is American, ha.  I promise that I have been faithful to Kasey and staying in America.  I am not producing illegitimate kids all over the world.  It seems that every foreign kid looks like me.  You have 8 hours to read this before Kasey deletes this.


17 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I can actually hear you writing this lol
    So happy for you guys, hope everything goes well today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whats up man? How did you get to our blog? Thanks

      Delete
  2. I am crying from laughing!!!! This is EPIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I m trying to balance the emotions. I m not sure if its working.

      Delete
  3. keep it coming, it provides comic relief for the day. I wonder if we can incorporate some of this stuff into ETC. I'll ask Karyn, lol!!! Praying for you guys each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ll talk to Karyn. There isn't a comical part in ETC. It will be like taking comedy defensive driving.

      Delete
  4. I AM DYING LAUGHING READING THIS!! WES, YOU HAVE NOT CHANGED ONE BIT SINCE COLLEGE!! (by the way, this is Prashansa)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What up girl? I still have the same hair style also, ha.

      Delete
  5. Love love reading these!!! Keep 'em coming, can't wait to meet my new niece! Love you guys! Praying and hoping everything goes in y'all's favor! Uma!
    -Prezeela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely hilarious!!!! Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaaaa - what a great story!! I just happened to land on this blog for the first time today. Wes/Kasey, you're both an awesome inspiration!! God bless you all!

    Abey Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you & Levi have something in common. Asians give him free donuts, Hispanics give him free queso, and my Hawaiian friend is convinced he is an islander. Pretty sure he could pull off Native American, not sure about Indian;)? Love you guys & so happy that God is working out His plan & purpose. Blessings-

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both are absolutely incredible people. You've inspired many and keep it humble always. Wes, you are still the easy going guy I remember. Although we may have lost touch over the years, doesn't change my old school memories and more. I sincerely wish you and your family all the best. God could not have picked a better couple to make this type of impact!

    Lil Rob...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the name tag Kasey, and looking forward to seeing the video one it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgosh... I laughed out loud several times while at work...not working btw reading your blog! My prayers are with y'all!

    ReplyDelete